*Pls excuse my english. But I'm not a native speaker.
A complete database managing Media Files.
Used to manage Video, Music, Images.
Every Media Software should be able to build on top of it.
Implemented in the Gnome Virtual Filesystem if possible.
But still be able to go to the specific Folders. And work normally with the media and Music Files.
The Libary should provide the metatag information, and Metatags should be written with the library.
Nautilus should be able to show a nice overview.
Filepath something like media:/// to come to the overview Page.
Data should be located in the Home Folder.
Music, Video, Pictures Folder
The Library should manage the Folderstructure and index the files. It should be possible to add new Files by copying or by dragging into the media:/// place or by dragging it into e.g. /home/user/Music.
The system should be extendable with plugins for new features like loading lyrics and saving them as id3 tag or something else.
If possible it should handle Media Players.
Possible additional features:
* Ipod Support (as Plugin)
Just Drag and Drop Media Files on the IPod and they will be indexed and added to the database.
See the Musik of the Ipod.
Perhabs if you enter the IPod you see two folders Music, Data
or 3 Folders: Music, Photo, Data or 4 Folders: Music, Photo, Video, Data.
Related to the connected Model.
* Same like IPod support for other Media Players. Perhabs extendable with Plugins.
* Last.FM support, scrobble the Music. (as Plugin)
* Songza support (as Plugin)
* interchangeable Data between different Music Player
* only one database.
* The Musicplayer never has to ask where the Music Files are. They could be anywhere indexed in this Library and found by the Music Programm.
* One fast indexer