Binary blobs provide us with short-term convenience.
However, in the long run they are bad.
We should strive to progressively eliminate binary blobs. One blob at a time.
The inclusion of binary blobs are sending the wrong signals. It is not something we should encourage.
If the amount of binary blobs grow then I think that is very dangerous.
* Blobs cannot be supported by developers.
* Blobs cannot be fixed by developers.
* Blobs cannot be improved.
* Blobs cannot be audited
* Blobs are specific to an architecture, thus less portable.
* Blobs are quite often massively bloated.
Blobs can contain malicious code and backdoors and you may never know. You cant trust them.
Inclusion of blobs are sacrificing our values.
It is giving up essential freedom to purchase a little temporary convenience.
Pleasant in the short-term but bad in the long term.