There are many developpers that want to make his/her sofware run on Ubuntu but don't know how, because the "software ecosystem" is very big and heterogeneous.
I propose making an official guide to help them to develop his/her programs for Ubuntu. Thus, the guide would contain advices of crucial-figures of Ubuntu development.
The guide would contain:
- How-to use launchpad for your software.
- Information about libraries.
- Existing IDEs in Ubuntu.
- how-to packaging in .deb.
- different kinds of GUIs that could be used.
- differente programming languages and its characteristics. How to use syscalls in each them.
- Simple example programs (with GUI).
- Ways of working in a colaboratibe enviroment.
- How to develop plugins for existing Ubuntu software. For example, Nautilus.
- And any other ideas to help people make Ubuntu software base larger.