When you right click on a desktop icon to change its image there are some issues in changing its icon.
Here are some of the problems.....
1) The basic tab has an icon in a box, but there is no helpful info to suggest that clicking on it would select a new icon. There is also no tooltip on the button.
2) The file selector that opens starts off in your home directory. and you have to know where the icon is on your filesystem.
3) If you had an icon assigned and you want to change it to another icon in the same directory, it dosnt start off in the same place, you have to re-navigate to it.
4) there is no obvious way to remove the custom icon, (infact I cant see how to do it)
5) This is different to the icon selector available when you create a new icon (RMB, Create Launcher), this is inconsistent.
It would be nice to have a selector that showed an existing set of icons that come with ubuntu (like the ones in /usr/share/icons/) arranged in categories. with the option to select one from a file.